Monday, April 28, 2008

Countdown - 4 days and now snow

Yep, this morning it started to snow. SNOW....I know this is Chicago. I know it has snowed all the way to June. But come on now....give me a break here. There's a wedding on Saturday!

So the landscapers couldn't finish their job. At least my other tulips and jonquils and spring bulbs haven't bloomed yet although I don't know if they will now. There is a freeze warning in effect (low 30's by evening). It is currently 36 and snowing. It isn't supposed to stick but will someone please tell me what that white stuff is on my tulips?

Update on the craziness: Counter tops installed this morning. They had their sealant put on so no touching for 24 hours. We are still living in our utility sink and the upstairs master bathroom which is the only place where there is a sink, toilet, and working shower. Hubs is still 'working' on the upstairs bathroom. The toilet tank is still in the middle of the backyard and the toilet is in the bathtub. The new sink and counter top is in my breakfast room along with the new faucet and new lighting fixture. He finally finished son's room and I hung those drapes last night. Then I hung the sheers I had made for my office and the living room windows. I think they might be a bit too sheer but I am so not starting over now. They will do.

So counter top installer went to leave and when departing says, "Missus, see you viernes" and left. I stood there wracking my brain trying to remember my high school Spanish lessons.....when is viernes? Then panic.....it's Friday....OMG no......not Friday! So I race (now remember my racing is akin to a turtle) to the front door thinking I could still catch them before they left.....they were standing on the other side of the door along with my husband and all were laughing. Seems my husband had taken a call while I was at the dentist (I know I just had to add to the stress and schedule another thing to do this week) and they said they were rescheduling the back splashes to be installed Wed am now instead of Tues pm. If something was close, I would not have been responsible. "Judge...your honor sir...in my defense these men teased me and thought it was funny and I was trying to get things ready for a wedding and it's not nice to tease the mother of the bride". I bet I would have gotten off if it was a woman judge!

So right now, carpet cleaners are here. So we take a tour of the carpets to be cleaned with him asking me what each stain was. Ok now who here marks down on a floor print what you or someone else in your house spills? I was like, white and clueless. Treat it for anything and everything and one of them will be right. But next time I will keep that blueprint for you...wait...I am installing hardwood floors within a year. And no, I am not waiting for another wedding or any other occasion to do it. I am just going to do it! Won't you and I be shocked??!!