Sunday, June 7, 2009

High School Reunion Update



On Feb 22, 2009, I did a post on high school reunions mainly concerning my husband's upcoming 40th. I had noted in that post that I attended my 10th reunion but have not attended any others. I have no wish to either. We ended up leaving mine and going back to the home of one of the friends that I still keep in touch with. It was in that post that I stated that statistics show that only 20-30% ever attend their own high school reunions and the type of kids that did.

I should have waited for the article on CNN did on 5-13-09. It was pretty interesting and the poll they did with over 103,612 votes was also pretty interesting.

Here was their poll:

Did you do anything special to prepare for your high school reunion?
% of votes Total Votes
Lost weight........10%............10590
Buffed up...........4%.............4189
Got fake hair.......2%.............1827
Didn't go..........84%............87206
Total votes: 103812

Here is the link (remove the ***'s):
http://***www.cnn.***com/2009/LIVING/05/13/high.school.reunions/index.html?iref=t2test_livingwed

So seems like I with the group that didn't go and there are a lot of us that either didn't lose weight, didn't buff up, didn't get fake hair, or just plain didn't care. Yeah, kinda like where and who I am.

No comments: