Friday, November 5, 2010

Unfriended Yet Again


Yep it happened again. For those who didn't read my first post on it, here it is:
http://myviewallmine.blogspot.com/2010/09/unfriending-am-i-still-in-junior-high.html

So what was the problem this time? Long story but basically the employee I spoke of in that post was laid off for half her job with us and decided not to accept the part time position she had held for over 4 years. Was that my decision? Not at all. It was hers. Was it my decision to lay her off? Not in the slightest. Was this unfriending a 'mistake' like she stated had happened last time? Nope because her 2 sons also 'unfriended' me too.

Do I care? I am actually trying to figure that out. While I am sorry in some ways to see the friendship end, in other ways it never was if this is what it takes to end it.

All I have to say with what happened: there are 2 sides to every story. She gave hers. Some people will choose to believe only her without hearing the whole story. Some people will believe only me without hearing her side of the story. And if this can get between a 25+ year friendship, then it was never a real friendship to begin with.

This time I will stay unfriended.

No comments: