Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Cubs Win and Advance to NLCS!


To be perfectly honest, I am not a baseball fan. I think it is the most boring sport there is besides tennis or soccer. I love football, hockey, and Olympic sports like gymnastics, ice skating, ice dancing, snow skiing, snow boarding, luge, etc.

My mother though was a huge die-hard Cubs fan. The game would always be on. She would be a 'back seat coach' (this is like a back seat driver except she firmly believed no one would be able to coach better than she did). She knew everyone's statistics and what every player's strengths and weaknesses were. There was always a 'next year'.

I believe she has been watching this year's team with the same amount of passion she always did but probably sitting next to Ernie Banks and Ron Santo in heaven. I am sure she was watching today as her beloved Cubs won and will advance.

My mother passed away yelling at something the Cubs did on a Saturday afternoon in April of 2010. There isn't a day that goes by that doesn't remind me of my mom. Today was no different. Today was for you mom! The Cubs are heading to the NLCS. Keep cheering and coaching with Ernie and Ron because something is working!

I love you!

No comments: