Thursday, November 5, 2015

Family Problems with Holidays

This year my daughter decided to have Thanksgiving at her house. Normally we go to my husband's mothers house for lunch and then dinner. When daughter got married in 2008, they decided to split Thanksgiving with one of us getting the lunch meal one year and the other getting the dinner meal.

Yeah, that never ever worked. Son-in-law's mother has no awareness of time. Her lunch was at 3p so the kids ate really quick then drove the hour west for a full dinner at 5p. But if we did the lunch, son-in-law's mother had dinner at 3p so the time with the kids became smaller and smaller until 2 years ago I cried uncle and gave up. Incidentally that was our 1st Thanksgiving with our granddaughter here and we didn't even get to see her. When you have parents that are 96 and 88, meal times are set which is why we had to call it quits. His parents are our age but they have no parents alive but they invited everyone and the neighbors and church friends. They could have dinner that came out of cans at 5pm easily. But no.

Should I also mention that son-in-law's mother babysits our granddaughter every day for 9-10 hours 5 days a week. We barely get to see her for 3 hours once a week. Yet when I try for equal rights seeing her, I am the bad guy.

So this year I am stuck going to my daughter's house when she is having all these other people there from son-in-law's family and friends and neighbors and his mother's church friends. They like processed foods. I can't eat processed foods. Naturally who is my granddaughter going to want to be near? Why either her parents or the grandmother who watches her daily for hours on end. And this grandmother? Has the whiniest voice I have ever heard. I asked if daughter's brother could bring a date and the answer was no. Yet church friends are allowed that the kids don't even know?

I am a grinch for Thanksgiving. I am hoping my allergies act up so I don't have to go. I have no idea what I will be able to eat. I eat organically with from scratch things. They eat boxed meals or frozen meals or canned meals.

I am cancelling going to daughters and having it myself with my own food I can eat.

Bah Turkey!

No comments: