Sunday, November 8, 2015

Inspirational Sunday - Losing Someone


I am a mother of a 35 year old daughter, a 32 year old son, and two angels in heaven. As a mother who has lost 2 children, I know the pain a mother goes through.

Today, a friend of mine lost her 22 year old son. He had been a troubled youth and had been fighting many battles over the years but had been choosing life for the past year. The family was finally healing and coming back together as a family. But last night, the girl this son had been dating told him she aborted their child because she didn't want any children. To the son, this betrayal threw him back deep into the depression and void he had just crawled out from. He took his life this morning.

Life is fragile. It is a delicate balancing act. This is a devastating blow to my friend who had finally thought there was going to be light at the end of her tunnel.

I have no words for her. There are never enough words to offer someone. I know. I have walked in her shoes.

No comments: