Wednesday, March 21, 2007

How low can one go?

There are times I just cannot believe the balls and nerve of some people. I used to belong to a board that I left for lots of reasons. How one person there got my email address I have no clue but in today's email I got this:

I don't know where else to turn. Today I received catastrophic news. My beloved dog, ***, has been diagnosed with IMHA, a blood disease that's sometimes fatal. We spent the last of our money today seeing two different veterinarians. Tomorrow she's scheduled for an ultrasound to determine whether she's bleeding internally. We can't afford this diagnostic test. We plan to overdraft our account and then worry about it later. We spent an entire pay-day loan on today's bills. We have shitty credit and can't get financed through Care Credit. We got turned down. Long story short, I'm broke, and my dog needs immediate medical attention including tests, blood transfusions and hospitalization. At the very least, I need money to pay for euthanasia and cremation services. I'm desperate. So... if you have the means to help me out, even with just a couple of bucks, I'll gladly and gratefully accept your charity. You can make donations through ***'s Paypal account.

Tomorrow's ultrasound will cost $500, and that's just for starters. If she dies overnight and I don't need all the money you send, I'll send it back to you. You Can Send Money Thru This PayPal Account: ***


Now mind you I have never spoken to this person. I did not nor did I ever care to have her email address. It's been at least 2 years since I even frequented that board. This is actually one of the many reasons I left there as this type of thing happened there before.

Hubs and I have helped out many people but we mainly sponsor women and children getting back on their feet from the abuse shelter. We are huge supporters of that cause. But this? This is human nature at its lowest and actually just pisses me off.