Monday, March 19, 2007

Planning weddings

Ok, daughter isn't 'officially' engaged...must be a new thang cuz they have a date, we just booked the reception, made out the guest list, and are researching DJ's and videographers and photographers who do both traditional and photojournaling. Learning bunches. Going broke fast.

When hubs and I married we spent a grand total of $6000.00 for our wedding, reception AND honeymoon. We had a full sit down dinner for 200, full open bar, champagne toast, 7 piece band, and went to Jamaica for our honeymoon. That price also included my dress, tuxes, flowers, church, and photographer and the other miscellaneous matchbooks, unity candle, toasting goblets, knife, invitations, and thank you cards.

Daughter's wedding to date: 200 guests at $100.00 apiece for 3 appetizers served by white gloved waiters, champagne with strawberry upon entering reception, harpist and pianist for pre dinner and during dinner, soup, salad, beef tenderloin, chicken marsala, rigatoni with marinara, cake, full open bar with premium liquor for 6 hours, and a sweets bar which includes a chocolate fountain. Total cost: $20,000.00

Videographer.....now I had no clue as to what this was. I was quickly informed that it is the guy who videotapes the wedding and reception. Average price: $2000.00. My idea: get one of my brothers to do it. We all have videocameras.

Photogragher which does photojournaling and traditional pictures...again had no clue to what photojournaling was and am being quickly enlightened. Average price: $3000.00. My idea: have portable cameras for the guests to record moments.

Now we still have so many things and the prices keep going up. Son is all for it. He says that what we spend on daughter's wedding he wants in cash. He will elope and keep the money for them. (I have a wait on him as there is not even one girl that I know of around...last count he was dating 4 different ones).

The corker: my daughter says I have to wear nylons......honest to gosh pantyhose and not my thigh highs and garter belt.........I don't know if I am ready for this......