Sunday, March 29, 2009

Intelligence


Intelligence I have learned is relative. That is, it depends on the situation and what one is either learning, trying to learn, or retaining.

This afternoon I spent at inlaws. We took FIL out to lunch at a favorite Italian restaurant of his (Francesca's by the River in St Charles, IL). We then went back to his group home where I got him a few new puzzles (he loves them) and we had German Chocolate cupcakes I had made for him last night.

Then we took out one of the 500 piece puzzles I had gotten for him and started helping him put it together. For an almost 91 year old man with dementia, he's pretty smart at those puzzles. He was finding pieces for this otter I was trying to put together and finished it long before I had even realized it. So a 91 year old man beat my rear in puzzle piece finding.

Yesterday I FINALLY learned how to download books and pictures to my new Sony505 Ereader. Only took me a week to figure it out.

I got a new IPod for Christmas. It is still kicking my rear. I am trying to figure it out on my own and refuse to break down and ask my kids to do it. They are all taking bets on how long before I break and ask them to do it for me. I am determined to not let it win nor get help from my kids.

After all, I am in MENSA. I have the brains to do this. I just don't always know where I left them. Besides, I am female. I can do this.