Friday, March 27, 2009

Mother Daughter Shopping Trip

My daughter is easy. All it takes is a phone call to daughter asking her if she wants to go shopping with me. I would like to think that it is one of those special mother-daughter bonding moments, but then reality sets in and I realize it's probably more that I usually end up getting her something too. But we usually end up having a good time (now that she has grown up because those teen year shopping trips were murder - plain suicidal for me).

Our first stop was Sally's beauty shop because I needed a new curling iron (mine had finally conked and wouldn't heat). Daughter talked me into some new nail polish. I am wearing it today and the jury is still out on whether or not I like it. I usually wear a pale pink. This is a bit darker.

Next stop was Dress Barn where I needed a few tops to wear for the upcoming seminar hubs and I are going to. I am still losing weight and don't have a lot of clothes besides scrubs or super dressy. So I figured I could treat myself to a few updated tops (pants are fine since I had them in different sizes and they never go out of style). I ended up with 3 new tops and a necklace and daughter ended up with one top (was all she could find she liked although she tried really hard).

Now those who know me, know I abhor shopping and 2 stores is my max. As we started walking to the car, daughter says no and pulls me to the store next door to Dress Barn which is TJ Maxx. She says that I updated my clothes and nail polish and now I have to update my purse. I guess plain black for winter and white for summer isn't good enough anymore and they scream "OLD PERSON" (according to my daughter). So we went purse shopping. Now if there is anything my daughter knows - it is how and where to get bargains.

So here's my new updated purse and while it took some getting used to the color, I love it. So much storage room so it's perfect for my new Sony Ereader and my IPod and my camera, my wallet, my cell phone and a whole lot more! Guess I am not an old person anymore. Anyone have a remedy for the wrinkles or double chin?

No comments: