Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Recipe Tuesday - Apple Crisp


I have over 6 bushels of apples waiting for me to can this weekend. They can wait until I have time Friday, Saturday, and Sunday since the temps are down to the 20's at night and highs of upper 40's so they will keep without rotting. When my daughter heard I picked up the apples, she asked me when I was going to make this recipe. It is one of her favorites.

Ingredients:

6 Apples thinly sliced and cut into bite size pieces
2 Cups Flour
2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
1 ½ Teaspoons Salt
2 Cups Sugar
2 Beaten Eggs
2/3 Cup Melted Butter
1 ½ Teaspoon Cinnamon

Preheat Oven to 375 degrees
Grease 9 x 13 Inch Baking Dish. Place sliced apples in bottom of dish. In separate bowl, mix together Flour, Baking Powder, Salt, Sugar and Egg (Mixture will be crumbly). Sprinkle mixture evenly over apples. Pour melted butter on top of everything. Sprinkle with Cinnamon.
Bake for 30-40 Minutes until the crumbly coating is lightly browned and the apples are bubbling.

Cool slightly. We use plain yogurt in place of ice cream over the top.

No comments: