Friday, October 30, 2009

TGIF - Wacky Weird Websites


Did a whole bunch of office work most of the day and a whole bunch of yelling at Trouble for getting into things. He has a new fascination with our HD flat screen TV's and wants to put his wee front claws on them to chase the pictures. Can't use squirt bottle on him so am trying time outs right now (he goes into his cat carrier for 10 minutes). Made for a long morning. I was back to the doctor this afternoon and along with the remnants of the swine flu, I now have a sinus infection, pneumonia, and an ear infection. Back on Levaquin. Doctor had escribed my medicine (sent it electronically to the pharmacy) so hubs took me home and Trouble and I napped for 3 hours. Hubs ran the end of the month errands, picked up my new medicine, and then made dinner.

A few days ago, I ran across some 2009 calendars that were just going to be thrown out. One was all about shoes and one of the office girls took it and is going to make pictures for us for the walls of the 3 offices. Another calendar was "How to Bring Out the Inner Bitch in You" which is a hoot. But another one was on Wacky Web Sites, so on Friday's I will give you a few interesting ones.

The first today is http://www.fourmilab.ch/documents/calendar/ This is a neat website in that you can put any date into it and see how it translates in other systems (Julian, Hebrew, Muslim, Mayan, and Unix Universal Time). It also gives you detailed explanations of how each calendar evolved and operates.

The next is an addicting time waster game. http://www.ninjakiwi.com/Games/Bloons-Games/Bloons.html It took me a bit to catch the hang of it but I now have it bookmarked in my mindless game area. Hint: You need to hold down the mouse button to gain arrow-strength and aim high to burst enough balloons to get to the next level. I refuse to answer how much time passed before I figured that one out.

So have fun!

No comments: