Saturday, October 2, 2010

The.Real.Me


I am so glad no one had a camera or at least no one took a picture of me that I know of.

Let me explain.....

It is slightly windy today in the Chicagoland area (50mph winds). I got up this morning and didn't take a shower or do my hair or put makeup on because I knew I was going to take a shower later for a dinner dance we are scheduled to go to tonight. So I just threw on some old clothes, washed my face, brushed my teeth, and in prep for the dinner dance and since my eyes are super puffy, I threw some Preparation H under my eyes.

Normally this wouldn't be a problem.

But of course, I became an interesting picture when I left the house to go to the bank to put in the deposit for the week. I walk into the bank where everyone knows my name (just realized what I typed there which has that song and now it's running through my brain).

But picture my hair standing up all over from the gale force winds we are having.

I pleasantly smile and say hi to everyone and hand them my deposit and say: "It is really windy outside. I apologize for my hair standing on end."

One of the tellers comes up to me and says: "Well, you hair is interesting but your eyes are more interesting. Did you do something?"

I am totally befuddled as to what she is talking about and said, "Well, I don't have makeup on if that is what you mean."

She said, "No. I mean the white under your eyes."

Now I remember.

Preparation.H.Under.My.Eyes.And.I.Am.In.Public.With.This.

Might.I.Say.Embarrassing???

So I figured I had nothing to lose by now and said, "Oh you mean the Preparation H. Well, I have a dinner dance to go to tonight and wanted to look amazing for my husband."

A male teller: "Preparation H? You put it under your eyes?"

Me: "Well, where do you put it?"

Female teller dying of laughter.

Male teller turning a really nice shade of pink and stuttering out: "Well, umm.... ummm...ummm.....well you know."

I decided to give him a break and said, "Yeah, I know.

So that was my interesting morning.... running errands with my no makeup, old clothes, hair sticking out like straw in every which way, and Preparation H under my eyes and people I know seeing it, and I am now humming the Cheers song "Where Everyone Knows My Name"!

And that folks, is The.Real.Me.

No comments: