Saturday, January 15, 2011

Ankle Update, Sinusitis, Bloggers Who Beg for Money


Ankle: I am 7 weeks postop from having a Chrisman-Snook surgery using an allograft (donor tendon). I have been non-weight bearing and back on the scooter but have been working since the 5th day after the surgery - thankfully I have a sitting job. But I got the cast off yesterday. Wednesday evening I had been on my scooter getting ready for bed when I reached for something and since my cast was a bit loose, my foot almost came out of the cast but while doing it, it tugged on the ankle area. Immediately there was a very sharp pain on the little weight bearing I was allowed. It even hurt in the cast but the ankle was swollen and wouldn't go back down in the cast. By Thursday morning, the ankle felt fine again. After work we went to the wake of a cousin in law who had passed away at age 54 from leukemia and even though I was back on the scooter full time, that pain returned. So after the cast came off, the doctor did a complete series of xrays but they were inconclusive for a possible stress fracture at the tip of the fibula (where the pain was).

I really hope this is really nothing and since Friday I have stayed down and in bed. The surgery I had done (Chrisman-Snook) is only done on people who have severely damaged their ankles (moi). But I am in my Aircast removable boot (above) with minimal weight bearing and still on the scooter. I am allowed to move the ankle a bit but no walking or stepping on it without the cast. It felt so nice to actually wash the foot since the skin is so crusty and I swear that Miracle Gro was in the cast again because my hair is at least 2 inches long and black (the hair on my left leg is blond and only about a half inch long). Hopefully in a few more days of getting the skin back to normal, I can shave without taking off several layers. So far so good though.

The cold from hell I had was actually acute sinusitis and the only treatment was what I was already doing. It finally ran its course after 10 days and a $200 visit to the ENT doctor (went to the deductible).

In other news, I am really peeved about a blogger I know. I just can't understand the audacity of some bloggers who get really popular (I even recommended her blog once) and she is a pretty funny blogger. I enjoyed her. BUT.... in my opinion, once this line is crossed, there is no going back. Her blog link is now in the trash. The line? Having the nerve to put on your blog how desperate you are and to send money now. Sorry - can't do it. Won't do it. Why do people do this? No clue but once they cross into that territory, they are no longer a blog I read. Want to hear something interesting? I hadn't read her blog in a couple of weeks- had been busy fighting a sinus inflammation and had a newsletter to write along with attending my first board meeting. In other words, I was busy. I had a life. I have a lot to do today but it's all tedious work inputting data into our practice management database. Super tedious and one of those projects you just want to snooze on. So when my eyes start going bonkers or I get 2 pages done (whichever comes first), I peruse some of my favorite blogs I haven't had time for. Hers was one. The asking for money was 2 weeks ago. She has raised over $140,000 already. Really? Are there that many saps out there that believe a sucker story? I know this lady. She lives near me. Believe me, she is not desperate. She has money. Now she has more money. Wonder if she has to report it? I don't think her morals are the same as mine. There is no chance on this earth that I would ever ever ask people for money. Not a chance. Not a chance now I will ever visit her blog or see her again.

So that's my catch-up. Can't wait for the Bears game this Sunday! They have gone further than I thought they would at the beginning of the season!

No comments: