Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Crabby and Sick of Being Sick


That's me in a nutshell. It's bad enough to have a head cold for 7 days now and to have 4 canker sores and 2 cold sores erupt but put all that with working 12 hour days and have it also affect my Meniere's then add not being able to sleep and not being able to take decongestants (they wire me) and on week 6 of still non-weight bearing and unable to do things for yourself and you have one hell of a crabby person.

I warned people. I warned my employees. My husband and son know to steer clear of me. But anyone who knows me knows to never ever EVER tell me what I can do or can't do because I will react. It's in my nature. Never ever tell me what to do when I am sick and crabby already. That is a recipe for disaster.

So last week on day 1 of said cold, one of my employees started rearranging my stuff (bills, box I carry from office to office, charts, etc.) Why? No clue. So I politely told her once to leave my things alone. I had them organized the way I wanted them. Did she stop? For an hour. Then came into my office while I was in the bathroom and started doing it again. I erupted. My stuff is my stuff. I don't go into her piles. I respect her need to organize. BUT I am her boss. Don't piss off a boss. Don't piss off a crabby boss. That was how last week ended.

Yesterday I am now on day 6 of the cold from hell. My crabbiness has increased per day 100fold. I warned people to just leave me alone. My husband warned the employees to leave me alone. Did one listen? Nope - she was back to organizing my box then had the audacity to tell me all about the evils of Facebook (I was on it while I was trying to down my chicken noodle soup). I exploded. She deserved it. For someone who has never been on Facebook, she, in no way shape or form, has enough intelligence to impart her opinion of Facebook let alone tell her boss what they can and can't do while on a lunch break. She was warned. She chose to ignore that warning. She chose to ignore the simple fact she has no right to tell me what I can or cannot do when I am the boss and owner of said computer. She has no right to paw through my stuff.

Where did respect for another go?

My husband said I was too strict on her. I didn't fire her. I didn't write her up. Maybe if I had not warned them I didn't feel good or not warned them to just leave me alone or maybe not have just had this happen one week ago and she was told no. But when she doesn't listen to any of the above, she deserved every bit of what I gave her.

Again, where did respect for another go?

No comments: