Thursday, January 20, 2011

Full Moon, Giving Someone a Reference, Possibility of Being a Grandmother


Yesterday was a full moon day. Don't know how yours went but here is a brief look into mine:

Hubs and I were awakened to 2 granddoggies chasing 2 cats around our room at 6am. The cats determined the dogs could not jump on the bed so they jumped on us on the bed. Dogs didn't think that was fair so they started barking. The more they barked, the more the cats hissed and taunted them. The more the cats did that, the more the dogs went from one side of the bed to the other. Hubs and I looked at each other and I told him to get the coffee on - it was going to be a long day.

We had office hours at just one office but I worked in the morning on trying to figure out my objectives for 2 lectures I will be teaching in March. They are due Friday. Still pondering on them though. I was also working on that data entry - one database done and now another to do for the other office. Wish I knew more about programming because I would love to write a program that would transfer the data from one to the other. Would be much simpler.

The afternoon brought an office full of patients, another wanting to be seen with no room to put her, a co-worker at the other office complaining about something she thought I did. At one time, I had all 4 phone lines going, a patient in front of me pounding the counter, another waiting for me to make her another appointment, and the doctor wanting me to call the hospital to see if they got the surgery scheduled for a patient we saw last night. One by one, they were all taken care of.

The reason the office was packed? We needed to be out earlier than normal in order to amputate the remaining 4 toes of a patient. Why? Because he was flippen stupid - went to the Cayman's a few months ago and scraped his toes on coral. Did he bother coming to see us? Nope! Did he bother coming to see us even after the toes turned from bright red to pure black? Nope. He came to us after one of the toes fell off in his bed. He is a brittle diabetic with 1 kidney and that was from a transplant. Stupid stupid people! So he not only has MRSA but his one kidney might fail because of the IV antibiotics he has to take, and he will be lucky if we end up only taking the toes. His reason? He wanted a break from doctors!

As I was forwarding calls, the phone rang. This time it was for a reference for the employee who quit with no notice a few months ago. Our policy has always been to cite the date they became employed and the date they left and give nothing else. The person asking for the reference was not happy. I felt like a prisoner who recites their tag ID except I kept reciting her employment dates with each and every question I was asked. Finally got her off the phone although I know there will be backlash on that and forwarded calls.

Came home to make dinner. Hubs was doing the amputation so I knew I had a couple hours in order to put dinner together. Daughter was over and while throwing out thoughts for ideas for dinner, interjects this "I am being inseminated tomorrow morning" then proceeded to give me more suggestions for dinner. Like the rote person I am, I didn't quite catch what she said until I wrote it down. I looked up and she was laughing and said, "Yep, one egg so we are going to try again". So I might be a grandmother with the grandchild conceived on a full moon.


Could be very interesting 9 months :)

No comments: