Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!



Happy New Year everyone! I again have not posted in a while but just too much clutter aka work and stuff going on that this blog was not the priority.

2010 was not the best of years for me - I had 4 major surgeries; my mother died; my father-in-law was admitted to the hospital over 5 times with a very weak heart and is currently living day to day; a person who I had considered to be a close friend turned out not to even be a friend and the friendship was one sided; we bought another office so our schedule instead of slowing down as we age - has increased tenfold; and then the family drama with my sisters after my mother's death is something I wouldn't wish on anyone. However, there were some good points and some happy moments I am sure.

I decided to have a new outlook on life for 2011. At Christmas we had over 8 inches of snow on the ground. But in the past few days it melted, leaving 'Baby Ruths' in the yard from our granddoggies, a Yellow Page book I never would have used anyway, and ugly brown and muddy grass. All the snow had disappeared. So I got to thinking.....look at this way: The melting of the snow just in time for 2011 was symbolic of melting away 2010 so we can begin with a positive fresh start to 2011. All the bad stuff has melted away and there is no sense dwelling on all that bad stuff. It is time to start anew.

Does this mean the stuff that happened in 2010 should be forgotten? No. It means simply that we need to go forward and not let the past interfere with our future. The past is in the past. It will always be a part of us but it doesn't have to own us. It's time to start with a different attitude.

I am starting 2011 with a temperature of 100 degrees and a pretty intense head cold and sore throat. I refuse to let this cold dictate what I had planned to do this weekend. The only thing it has interfered with so far is being with my husband to celebrate 2011.

So Happy New Year everyone! Start fresh with the new year!

No comments: