Saturday, December 13, 2008

Bah Humbug!



I don't know about the rest of you but I just cannot get into the holiday spirit. All I see is more crap to do in an even shorter period of time on an already overloaded schedule. Husband is running a temp again. Doctor appointment Monday. FIL still recuperating from this past Wed surgery but still under the effects of anesthesia (the elderly take longer to get it out of their systems) and is feisty and combative and a real PITA - he's usually a softie and sweetheart.

Here's my list for any of you willing to help out:
1. Finish buying gifts but really thinking on giving cash this year only.
2. Plan for making 3 full Christmas dinners - one Christmas eve for 10, one Christmas Day for 5, and other the 28th for 50.
3. Work full days Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Saturdays until the 28th. Full days mean 12 hours then there is dinner to be made, dishes to be done, laundry which doesn't disappear just because you are busy.
4. 3 Christmas parties to attend.
5. 1000+ cappelletti to make.
6. 14 dozen + cookies plus biscotti's to make.
7. Take care of sick husband.
8. Take care of sick FIL.
9. Compose Christmas letter and maybe I will get it mailed out before Easter next year.
10. Clean the house.
11. Did I mention the pain in my ankle is so bad that I am scheduling the cat scan and am back in my walking boot?

Bah humbug!
Helpers welcome - and at this point I will pay you to be my wife.