Sunday, September 20, 2009

The Emmy's


I watched the Emmy's on and off tonight - more off than on when I realized these few minor details:

1. I am older than most of the people attending.
2. I know more people that passed away this year than I recognized the people who either walked the red carpet or who were present at the show or who won.
3. Also, I recognized that 10% of the shows acknowledged for an award are shows I have either never heard of or never watched. Kinda creepy that there are a lot of shows recognized out there that I don't watch. Still won't get me to watch them. I have my favorites and they are few.

I conclude then, that not only do I not watch much television anymore but that I am fast becoming ignorant on the topic of television or movies and would need to make sure the next time I play Trivia Pursuit that I have a young person playing on my team.