Thursday, September 24, 2009

Fall New TV Shows


Oops - missed a day posting. Contrary to the title of this post, I have not been watching the new fall TV shows. I have a few taped but haven't watched them yet.

Have been way too busy and honestly, been working on my newsletter that needs to be in the mail next week. Yes, you read that right. I decided I didn't have enough going on in my life that I needed to add another thing to do. I am now the newspaper editor of 4 publications per year for a group I am a part of. Now in this case, the newspaper editor is somewhat of a misleading title - out of 8 full pages, I had 2 contributing authors whose articles amounted to one half of one page. The rest was all me. Next newsletter hopefully is going to be me the one half of one page and contributors the rest. Wish me luck because I think I will need it. Seems no one told me about the Executive Director who has final say on what goes in or not and of course she fine picked through the 8 pages looking for mistakes in either spelling or grammar or whatever floated her boat. I got back all 8 pages with a red marker outlining my mistakes. I felt like I was in grade school. I asked her if I got a grade too. She doesn't have a sense of humor so my stint as Editor might be real short.

We also lost the bid for the dogs - we needed to install a 8 foot privacy fence (seems the husky can CLIMB the chain link fences) and that is a no can do in our area. So instead I am looking at kittens. Will let you know if they materialize although they are real and the one above is the one we are looking at. One of the granddoggies is sick and gramma is the one who diagnosed her :) She is now on antibiotics so by the time we get them for 2 weeks beginning the 30th, she will be feeling better.

Other than that - happy TGIF cuz I have to work this weekend!!

No comments: