Thursday, March 11, 2010

Seminar Day 1


Hubs and I are currently attending a 4 day, 15 state seminar. We checked into the hotel last night and learned that they had not given us a handicap room with a shower stall like we had reserved. So we were put into this ginormous suite complete with 3 couches and 2 chairs, a 62" TV, a mini-kitchen, a dining room table and enough square feet for a party of 50 - at the same rate we were to pay for a plain old double handicap room. Nice.....wish hotels made those mistakes more often!

Looking at the room though, I noticed all the couches and chairs aimed directly at the bed - yes the bed was in the center of the room. Of course my mind went into the gutter wondering exactly what this suite was used for and thinking I only brought one can of Lysol and no blacklight. But never fear - my husband cleared it up for me. The bed is actually a Murphy's bed so it closes up into the wall unit so one can have a party without the bed being in the center of everything. (I kinda liked where my mind went though). Only problem with the bed though is that it isn't made for a one legged height deficient person so I had to ask for a step stool to be able to get into the bed. Yeah I can see you all laughing right now :)

Day 1 of the seminar started off well. I think it is amazing how the outside world just doesn't exist when you are away. I guess there was a huge thunderstorm last night with power outages. I heard nothing. So far have not missed a lecture I wanted to go to and even managed to scoot around half the exhibit halls. Would have been able to do the entire exhibits but kept getting stopped by people I see only once a year. So will probably try and finish tomorrow in between lectures I don't want to miss (including my own).

Foot/ankle even on scooter is very sore. Came back to the room and ordered room service and put it up with a couple ice packs. Feels much better now.