Monday, March 15, 2010

Seminaritis and New Drugs


Yep, I carefully looked at all my symptoms and carefully researched said symptoms and have come to the conclusion I have seminaritis. This has to be a disease process afflicting anyone who attends a 2 or more day seminar and has this lethargy attacking them when they get home. I haven't decided if it was the difference in beds and I was just happy to get back to mine which doesn't need a step stool to get into, or the fact that I was people'd out. It's hard being nice for a solid 4 days in a row. I get this affliction after being around my family too and after working during full moon weeks and after.........well quite a few times per year come to think of it. I am sure I have not become desensitized yet. I only know there is no cure except sleep.

On top of the seminaritis, my doctor changed my anti-inflammatory medication from an OTC (over the counter) one to a prescription strength one which is contributing to my seminaritis lethargy. I feel like a newborn - eat - sleep - poop - eat - sleep - all day and night. Kinda makes me wonder if my doctor and my husband thought this would be an effective way to make me stay in bed and shut me up for a lot of the day thus ensuring both of them peace. I don't think so but the thought has occurred to me. According to them, they want to reduce the swelling in the ankle I have been getting thereby reducing the amount of pain I have (I don't take pain medications for the very reason this new anti-inflammatory is doing - they make me sleep and I have things to do). But after 24 hours and a full 10 hours sleep and 3 naps during the day and evening, I can firmly state that although I feel no pain while I am zonked/drugged, the pain and swelling is still there before I zonk and still there when I wake up.

Still haven't coordinated my brain to remember to find the camera so I can show you some of the neat pictures I took of the Chicago River being dyed green and of our suite but hopefully I will do it in the next few times I am up and awake tomorrow, if I remember.

Best news from the seminar besides being invited back to speak next year and getting a suite for the price of a double room: I found another person in this world who is as allergic to garlic that I am. Funny thing is we share a lot of the same allergies. And here my husband and doctors think I am 'different' or 'special' - you know it doesn't mean a different or special good because they use that "special voice" and roll their eyes as they are saying it. But now I have confirmation - thanks Sheila!