Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Ankle Update - Full Moon Week


This is a pic of the new cast I got today - tie-dye. All I need is a peace necklace, bell bottoms, greasy hair and a bandana.

I went back to the doctor - got the Christmas cast off and had ankle x-rayed. All is doing fine inside. The nerve on the outside calmed down but the nerve on the whole top of the foot hasn't calmed down as much as the doc had hoped (I have this numb type feeling if I touch it with the pad of my finger but an agonizing 'I want to rip your flippen head off if you scratch it or press on it or do more than a soft type of touch even the least little bit' type of feeling). Not a nice type of feeling but it is nerve pain. So my doctor injected the area on the top of the foot right in the middle and numbed it which took away all that type of pain so since he knew that he had the right spot, he then gave it a cortisone shot. The downside on the shot is I remain non-weight bearing until the next surgery which we did tentatively plan for the beginning of February and I hot flash. The upside is to be determined if it works.

But it has been a true full moon week. Nothing like scheduling a surgery for someone yesterday on the same exact day hubs already has a surgery to do at a different place so I had to shuffle that around. Then I asked for a certain date which I thought was a Friday and I honestly don't know what calendar I looked at that showed that date on a Friday but it twasn't - it was a Tuesday for 2010. So the surgery center can't do the Friday and the real date I wanted so I called the patient and gave him a choice of 2 dates (Tues or Thurs of that same week) and he picked Tues. I called the surgery center back and told them Thurs was fine so when they called the patient we all got confused. I know better than to take a pain pill before doing work like that but I did (take the pain pill and royally screwed up the scheduling). It's all worked out and for Tuesday.

Then we got crammed. I learned that word a few years ago when we got slammed and crammed. Slamming is when your phone service gets changed to some obscure people who charge you a few arms and legs for their service - all done without your permission. All you know is one day you have no phone service and get a bill for over $2000.00 (true story). Cramming is when an internet service steals your internet much in the same way you get slammed with your phone service. I had put a protection on our accounts - an ID code no one but hubs and I know - so that no one can even discuss our bills without giving them said code. But somehow our internet service allowed us to be crammed without anyone using the code and we were cancelled. I spent 4 hours on the phone trying to get it restored for the one office. By this afternoon, that phone line (which also held our fax number) didn't work either. So I was back on the phone. The bad news is that it won't be restored properly until Monday. The good news is that once it is restored, I get 4 months free service and a lower monthly bill for 2 years. The bad news is that until it is restored, my office girls there have to work off a laptop and USB internet service and can't use the printer.

Next I found out on Facebook that my brother's family's dog ran away this morning and they still can't find her. She is over 9 and really good so this is super surprising. Send some good thoughts out for them to find Sophie.

Inlaws are holding - which is good - no new crisis yet but the week isn't over. Hubs is supposed to go out there tomorrow to finish steam cleaning MIL's basement carpeting and to help her with laundry and dishes and take her shopping. I will plead foot pain to not go with him.

But with him gone, I should be able to have quite a few hours of peace and quiet even though the grand doggies will be here from tomorrow through Sunday. I have some books I want to finish in a series so I can tell you all about them - I love this author!