Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Spiritual Sunday - Panic Sunday


I actually had written this but today realized I had saved it in drafts and never published it.

Today is the 4th Sunday of Advent. Did you know many people name the Advent candles for the different Sundays in Advent? I was familiar with this tradition and even recognize that this Advent Sunday is sometimes called "Panic Sunday."

I am sure you can understand why since this is the absolute last weekend we have to do things to get ready for Christmas - the hustle and bustle of getting everything done and 'perfect'.

"Christmas comes, whether you are ready or not."

Am I ready? Nope. And you know what? I no longer care.

I have a FIL in the hospital with a blood clot in his lungs and his leg. Surgery is not an option. His blood is not thinning properly after 4 days. He is 91 and even with the dementia, he is with us. I pray he makes it through the holidays.

I am also thinking of friends whose husband and father recently passed away.

I am also thinking about a patient my husband went to see on a house call because they removed all life support and it's just a matter of time.

These things are what is important. Enjoying each other and thanking God we have this moment in time to say Thank You. That is what perfection is all about.

It's all I really need.