Tuesday, July 6, 2010

The Bachelorette/Reality Shows


I admit - I watch two reality shows - mainly The Bachelor or Bachelorette and The Amazing Race. Why? Well, the Amazing Race lets me see different countries and things the Travel Channel just don't show and it's just interesting to me. But The Bachelor/Bachelorette to me is like watching Maury. Why people think they can find love in this show and the antics are pure entertainment.

I post on this forum and one of the threads was on The Bachelorette. I can't believe how many people take this show and shows like soap operas seriously - so seriously to the point that they believe this is everyday life and get so involved they get upset at anyone who doesn't.

Seriously? I have no idea what kind of world you live in but if that show is reality, I am living in an alternative universe. Plus if a guy ever ever did some of those things to me on a date they would have been dropped in a nanosecond!

And the drama between Vienna and Jake last night? All it did was confirm to me what a pompous ass Jake was and what a drama queen Vienna was that I saw them both to be.

But back to this forum - they banned me from commenting since I see past the crappola and see more what they are either not saying or avoiding saying - they call those spoilers. Well, my definition of a spoiler then is way different than what theirs is. My definition is the plain facts of statements said in that show. Theirs is a rose colored view of a mushy romance novel with a happy ever after ending like a Harlequin. I probably won't be allowed back but that's okay. It was time to part company with them anyway. I am a bit more earth bound based.

They can kiss my fluffy tail!

No comments: