Sunday, July 11, 2010

Family Dilemna - Need Help

My mother died. I accept that. What I do not accept is how one of my sisters - younger sister at that - has decided she is taking over as the mother of our family. She treats my father like he is an imbecile. He isn't. He will be 77 this year, has full mental capability, and is a fully responsible adult. He does not need my sister being his mother or stepping into what was my mother's shoes. He called me the other day and bluntly asked me to tell her to back off. I told him that was his job if he truly felt like that.

This is the same sister that decided my previous blog aired our family's dirty laundry and thus decided that I should delete said blog. I did but kept a counter on it to see who came. Yet she came everyday. Nothing was there.

I exported the blog to this blog. But it's been over a month. Said sister has already taken over the family reunion weekend and deliberately planned foods she knows I can't eat PLUS deliberately sent out emails to an account I haven't used in years and she knows that since she sent the nasty email to my correct email address. I found out because my daughter sent me the emails.

I have to see her in a few short weeks. What do I do?

Do I confront her crappy behaviour now? Or do I become the bigger person and ignore her? Or do I tell her to go to you know where then ignore her? I am afraid what my mouth will say before my brain thinks when I see her again.

Frankly I have no desire to continue our relationship. She is toxic.

No comments: