Saturday, July 17, 2010

Do you let someone know you are planning on visiting them?


This question came up yesterday when I happened to call my aunt in another state to say hello and why I wasn't going to be at the reunion this year (just had the knee surgery). She said well, that's good because I had forgotten the reunion on my father's side was this weekend anyway and she was headed to visit one of her sons and his family. I said well, then obviously you don't know that my father, one of my sisters and her daughter and her granddaughter, and one of my nieces will be at your house tomorrow (today). She said no - that no one had called her and I believe her.

This prompts a thought/discussion - do you let someone know you are planning on visiting them? I always do to make sure they are not only home but are up for visitors. I know that I hate unexpected visitors. There are just some days I do not want to see anyone especially if it is my only day off that week. I actually would be pretty pissed if someone showed up at my door, especially if they were from out of state.

So what are your thoughts on this? What would you do if someone showed up on your doorstep you didn't know was coming?

My answers I guess would depend if I wanted to see the visitors or not but pretty well I have not even bothered to answer the door - yes even for relatives and friends. My friends and my relatives know how I feel and if they choose to ignore my feelings, I choose to ignore the doorbell.

No comments: