Monday, July 5, 2010

No Brain


Usually I have no problems doing things on the spur of the moment. My brain functions that way. I think some of it is the way I was trained as a nurse. We react without thinking. Maybe it's also the mother in me. Dunno why - just do it although it has gotten me into trouble some times when I open mouth insert foot.

It's those times I have to think about what I need to do that I have a huge brain fart. Take for instance tonight. I needed to change the message on our office's answering machine. My son and husband love whenever I do it. They somehow always seem to know when I do it too and come from opposite ends of the house or another room just to watch me do it. It's like they have radar. Husband and son will then take bets on how many times I will re-record the message because I will always flub it up. My usual is 5-10 times according to them. Tonight neither husband or son won. It took me 22 times. I finally had to write it down in order to just read it.

Why can my brain just react without thinking yet I can't compose a simple 1 minute message without flucking it up??????

No comments: