Sunday, July 4, 2010

How Do You Pick What You Read?

I know how I pick what I read. I look for authors I already know and like. I will also use this website I found that I adore: www.whatshouldireadnext.com/ It is really easy to use - just enter a book or author you like and it will come up with suggestions for you. I have found a lot of new authors that I now love and I look for any books they have.

Another source I highly regard is the opinion of people I trust. They have never let me down.

Yet another source was an author's board I used to inhabit - until today that is. I was not a writer but was invited there to give a discussion on Tantric practices to the writers over 2 years ago. I have stayed but rarely posted because I wasn't an author - most of the topics related to things called plot monkeys, etc. I would steer clear of anything writing related. But anything else, if I had something to contribute I would.

The discussion I commented on was about reality shows, specifically The Bachelorette. Since I have been bed confined, I have been watching the show more religiously than I have in the past, especially this season. It seems every season of that show has drama and every single one ends a different way than I would have predicted. This season is no different. The only point in this years show is that in each and every episode there has been a comment in each and every episode. In this thread on this forum, I mentioned a website that is hysterical with his take on reality shows. He gives you cynical view of each episode and if you want, you can click on the spoilers above his posts. I never clicked on the spoiler area. I was just discussing the fact that I had seen this common thread and wondered if anyone else had. Well, seems one author got her panties in a bunch and chastised me for my "spoiler". I posted again, stating that this was not a spoiler but something I had noticed. So which posts were edited or pulled? Mine. It will be a cold day in hell before I read that author's books now.

Is it a full moon or does someone have PMS?

No comments: