Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy 4th of July


Have a safe and happy 4th! Happy 6th Birthday to one of my nieces and Happy _6th Birthday of my baby sister.

I don't know if we will make it to the fireworks today or not - It is supposed to rain and my knee just does not like moving around at all even if it would be just sitting in the car and the ankle isn't used to be the weight bearer. It is the getting there - the getting down the stairs in the house then the stairs to the car then into the car then repeating all the above. Maybe I will just watch the Boston Pops on TV this year.

Please please be safe around fireworks. I remember being an ER nurse on the 4th. The most common fireworks injuries involve the hands, fingers, eyes, head, and face. Some of these injuries are severe, resulting in permanent health problems such as missing fingers and limbs and vision loss. I would post pictures but would gross too many of you out.

No comments: