Friday, August 29, 2008

Changing your thoughts

I ran across this fantastic website a few years ago and visit it at least once a week. The inspirational messages given by Richard Marston are indescribable. Whenever I start feeling pretty crappy or the world seems to be completely upside down and backwards and before I blow (ok ok sometimes after I blow), I go to this website and always find peace. I will admit that I will also tune everyone and everything out and just go into my 'cave'. Yep I have a cave just like the men do. I go to it when I am really tired or upset about anything. Both seem to be my mantra lately. Like men, don't talk to me. Don't tell me things will get better. Don't do anything to make me laugh. I will be quiet or angry. I need to work things out myself and until I do, I won't emerge.

This message I have been rereading almost every day. It helps.


Thoughts lead the way
Your thoughts have great influence on your life. So get them working in your favor.
Those things you've convinced yourself you cannot do, you will not do. By the same token, whatever you're absolutely certain that you can accomplish, you will indeed accomplish.

Your thoughts directly and persistently control your actions. And through your actions, you create much of the reality of your life.

Every achievement begins with a thought. And every achievement is supported all along the way by a continuous flow of positive, empowering thoughts.

You won't make something happen just by thinking about it. Yet the things you do cause to happen are those things upon which your thoughts are steadily focused.

Fill your mind with thoughts of positive purpose, joy, and meaningful achievement. Let your thoughts lead the way to the life of your dreams.

-- Ralph Marston


http://greatday.com/motivate/080813.html