Thursday, August 7, 2008

Day 5 - Who Am I?

No one who knows me would ever label me as a typical or normal person. The accounting of my days lately prove it. This is why I am not normal, just sayin'.

This morning hubs and I were awakened at 6am - ok really, do people really get up this gosh awful early when they get to bed at 2am?

The phone call was from MIL. She was whispering, saying someone was talking in the other room. I woke up instantly and asked where FIL was. She yells - yes YELLS "he's in bed next to me." So I tell her to hang up and call 911 and call me back.

Does she do this? Nope. Here is the conversation I hear (this is all said by her and mind you, in a very loud voice:

"I am grabbing a flashlight." (no clue why but maybe she figured she could use it as a weapon.)

"I am now walking out of my bedroom." Ok, why is she announcing to the person there she is doing this? Me - I would be calling 911 and hiding in the closet or something.

"I am walking down the hall." I hear her literally stomping her feet as she is walking. She is definitely announcing her arrival.

"I am entering the dining room." Ok the kitchen is next to the dining room. Whoever is there has run for their lives!

"I am in the kitchen. This is strange. There isn't anyone here but there is still someone talking. ................Oh my goodness, my phone is talking to me." I try to get her attention and tell her that no I am still on the phone and I wasn't talking.

"Why is my phone telling me how to use it? Any idiot can use the phone. Why is it talking to me?"

Then she hangs up.

I promptly call her back. She answers the phone and starts yelling at me that I just scared the beejeebies out of her because she was investigating why the phone was talking to her when all of a sudden it rang and it wasn't nice to scare an old woman who just got a pacemaker. Then she starts explaining what happened.

I responded: "I know, ***, I heard the whole thing. Are you ok?"

MIL: "Well my nerves are going a bit. I think I should take my blood pressure."

Me: Thinking to myself, yeah I should be taking mine too.

She comes back on the phone and says her blood pressure is ok but she's got a cough. I told her to go back to bed. She said no, she was awake now. I said well make yourself some coffee and drink it and then call me back.

I got up, made coffee here. She calls back and called me a miracle worker. The coffee cured her cough but she was tired and was going back to bed.

Good - great - whatever you say. Thanks for waking me up!

I will leave the phone call from my mother for another day.

**sigh**

No comments: