Thursday, August 21, 2008

Sitting Still


I can't sit still for the life of me. My parents always said I have 'ants in my pants' since I just can't sit. No I don't ADHD. I just plain have to be doing something in order to sit. Sitting still isn't in my vocabulary.

Today was the worst. Something last night happened to me which made it even harder, actually this:


Yep the township decided to do their mosquitoes spraying last night. The mosquitoes decided to avoid the spraying and come directly to our house, probably singing the song "This house...is a very very fine house...with two cheeks to bite...life used to be so hard....until we found this house"

Now in an attempt to organically get rid of the buggers, I planted a lot of basil and lemongrass plants in our yard. I use both in my cooking so also am eating them. I also take an extra dose of Vitamin B6. Don't tell me to use Deet because I can't and won't. I also got a bat house and yes, I have bats. They are supposed to be helping me here but I don't think they got that message yet.

Even with all the preventions I take, mosquitoes see me coming and feast on me. I have been adding at least 1-4 per night to someplace on my body. Last night I added 4 - 2 to each butt cheek. Yeah....they itch like crazy. Not easy to sit still.

So my solution for the itching is a Girl Scout remedy: clear nail polish. Only now I had to figure out how to get it to said places. I consider myself flexible but not THAT flexible. I can't do this which was the only way I could think of to put it on:


So what does any good wife do? Yep they ask their husband.

After I picked him back off the floor and gave him 'one of those looks', I handed him the bottle of clear nail polish and told him to put it on the spots.

But he must have missed a few areas. They still itched like the dickens. Do you know how hard it is to sit still and act intelligent and dignified and friendly when all you want to do is scratch your a**?????