Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Day 2

And home tonight. MIL did great today. She just did her normal thang and I watched her. We would record her blood pressure after every activity or if she even felt a twinge. MIL and FIL walked to their mailbox at the street then around their house twice for exercise. I took her blood pressure then and all day long she did great. She has the normal tired feeling but nothing unexpected. I wrote out a list of everything she has to do and update (their health care power of attorney which was to FIL who doesn't even know who he is and property power of attorney). The guys next door to them are going to watch them as is their other next door neighbors as well as the neighbors across the street from them. I arranged for a church lady's daughter to come in for 1-4 hours 3 times a week to get her some respite care and this daughter can even drive them places. She is in nursing school and welcomes the extra job and eliminates MIL and FIL not knowing who was coming into their home. When she graduates in 3 years I will worry about someone else then. I set up a lawn service to mow their lawn once a week and they will also provide snow removal in the winter. I arranged for the one neighbor's son to put salt in their water softener once a week if they need it and to bring things up from the basement for them. I laid down the law and said if any of the above people are cancelled for any reason, they go immediately into assisted living.

So after I made dinner for them (spaghetti) and made extra marinara and froze that. Then I made a meatloaf, baked chicken, and turkey breast and froze all them into portion size dinners for them. So they should be set for a bit. Or at least until the weekend.

So I get to sleep in my own bed and not hotflash all night long.......joy joy!

No comments: