Saturday, February 20, 2010

Day 1 of Husband Gone


This morning at 4am, my husband left for a 5 day golf trip with his golfing buddies. They keep trying every year to pick a sunny warm spot in order to get a jump on the start of golf in the Chicago area which isn't usually until mid April or May. One year they picked Tucson, AZ and found it to be the only week of the year it was cold and rainy the entire year and it happened to be the week they were there. Last year they decided to stay in the area and do it in October and once again got rained out all 3 days and actually came home after a day and half because they had no more dry clothes.

So this year they picked Phoenix, AZ. They landed in 45 degree rainy weather and after looking at the weather for the next 5 days, the forecast is 50 and rain every day with warm dry weather returning the day after they leave.

Why does this make me smile?

Can't really say I miss him yet. Between him keeping me awake all night going over in his head if he forgot to pack anything to the pain in my foot and the effect the cortisone had on my body (hot flashing and going to the bathroom every hour), I haven't gotten around to the missing part yet. It's just me and the cats and son who did feed me today.

I know, I am bad. But really am enjoying having control of the remote or the TV not even turned on and reading instead, and there is no need for listening to him complain on how high I have the fan turned on or what temperature the thermostat is set on. I read 2 books today and played online. I got to do what I wanted to do. Imagine that!