Thursday, February 4, 2010

Day 36 with NO AT&T DSL OR FAX LINE


Let's see - today's excuses (yes 3 separate phone calls from 3 different departments) who wanted to assure me they were working on it as fast as possible. Oh and to let me know I had a new bill to pay (mind you I hadn't even gotten it yet as the invoice date was today so it hasn't been mailed yet).

I asked if they expected me to pay their bill considering how much they are costing me for something that was their fault. They said it would help to speed things along.

Oh yeah I think you can imagine my response to that. Thank goodness it isn't Lent yet so the swearing jar isn't out.

In the meantime, I think I have been through every supervisor and manager. I want the VP or the President or CEO now.

AT&T this is ridiculous! It's not as if AT&T horror stories are anything new - there were plenty I found doing a simple google search. Who remembers Lily Tomlins as 'Ernestine the Operator' recite the mantra: "We don't care. We don't have to. We are the phone company!"

This one website suggested I file a FCC complaint so I did. Let's see what works the fastest - a letter sent certified to the CEO, a letter sent to CBS, NBC, and ABC, or the FCC complaint. Anyone want to take bets?