Monday, February 1, 2010

Monday - AT&T - et al


There are Monday's and then there are MONDAY's. I knew it was going to "one of THOSE Monday's" when all I wanted to do was go back to bed and pretend it was any other day but Monday and this Monday was far far away and it was all a nightmare.

My day started way too early for what was to come. Mind you I am handicapped and stuck in my room unless someone deems it okay for me to go elsewhere. Usually that's my husband but he was at work.

First up was dealing with AT&T who I am so pissed at I am hiring a lawyer - yeah me who never sues anyone - even the town of Philly who was responsible for my 5 surgeries to date. But come on, they disconnected my DSL at one of the offices for NO REASON on December 30th and as of today I still don't have DSL in that office. All I get are excused after excuses after excuses. I refuse to hear anymore of them. There is not enough money in the world they can give me at this point.

Next was mother-in-law who got told by her physical therapist that she no longer qualified for home physical therapy and had progressed as far as she could at home and needed to continue physical therapy at the hospital. You would have thunk the world caved in after her histrionics on the phone. So I gave her a choice - she could come live in my house, following my rules, or go to physical therapy via the bus where she lives. She chose her way (figured she would). Then I dealt with her orthopedic surgeon who mistakenly booked her for an appointment for tomorrow when we don't go for another 3 weeks and their office who was being pissy when I said we didn't book it. Finally got it settled and an apology from them. I feel sorry for the patient who really has that appointment because I am sure someone else is coming in your place by now.

Next up was father-in-law who decided to use desitin to brush his teeth with this morning while the nurse was waiting on him to draw his blood. Desitin people - yuck yuck yuck - I can't believe even a dementia patient as bad as he is couldn't tell it wasn't toothpaste but then again, he used to drink cologne for mouthwash. After a call to poison control, another crisis averted.

I use a folding chair with a 55 gallon bag over it to take a shower (I kneel on it with my right leg that I can't stand on yet). Usually hubs puts it back in the shower after he takes his. Today - nope - he forgot. Said chair fell right in front of the door. So here I am, naked as a jaybird, on my hands and knees, trying to get the door open. Trouble and Nubs decided to help so they crawled over me into the bathroom and thought this was some new game to play with my arm trying to get the chair out of my way. I was accomplishing this a bit until they decided to sit on said chair. Yes, I finally got the door open and the chair into the shower along with 2 kittens who took a shower with me because they love that.

Work wasn't any better. Patients from hell. Patience was shot. Plus no time for lunch and still no coffee. I had decided that since my dear son wouldn't wake up to help me this morning, he didn't deserve to watch any TV or be on the internet. I was able to parental control him on the TV and changed the password to the modem and router but got the tables turned on me when I couldn't get online this evening.

Perfect ending of a very crappy day!